April 7, 2020: When we formed SIG over 10 years ago, we knew that we wanted to build a different kind of brokerage company. One founded on collaboration and contribution. SIGives was born from this and because of you, our loyal client base, we’ve had the privilege of being able to donate more than $1.7M to both global and local charities such as Special Olympics, St. Jude Children’s Hospital, International Rescue Committee, Charity:Water and many others.
As we’ve entered into a period of great uncertainty, we’re not going to pretend to know what’s going to happen in a few weeks or a few months. The world is being faced with something none of us have seen in our lifetimes. Here’s what we do know though. We know that this will pass. We know that we will get through it together. We know that we will continue to look outside of our bubble and do our best to make a difference for those who need it most.
Just because these times are uncertain, doesn’t mean that our giving stops. SIGives has started to deploy funds both locally and nationally to causes that are fighting this global crisis. The following organizations have received donations from us so far:
- Frontline Responders Fund: Currently focusing all of their resources on getting critical supplies to frontline responders combating COVID-19, including masks, gloves and surgical gowns.
- Meals on Wheels: Serving meals to the elderly who have been disproportionately impacted by this crisis.
- Pay It Forward Charleston: A group of local restaurant owners in our hometown that quickly sprang into action to provide baskets of food to workers in their industry who are in need due to being out of work.
- HAAM: An organization in Austin, TX providing access to affordable healthcare for Austin’s low-income working musicians who are out of work right now.
- Atlanta Survival Program: A large scale grocery delivery operation in Atlanta, GA providing food to those most affected by the pandemic so they don’t have to choose between food and their health.
As part of our outreach, we’ve asked everyone at our company to let us know about charities in their communities that are working to make a difference for those impacted by this pandemic and we’ve made the commitment that SIGives will donate funds on their behalf. We’d like to ask the same of you. If there’s an organization that is near and dear to you, please let us know and we would like to make a donation in your name. It’s as easy as sending an email to SIGives@SIGnnn.com and letting us know the name of the charity.
As the needs grow, we’ll continue to give. It’s the least we can do in this truly trying time. Never has it been more clear that SIG is, and always has been, bigger than any one individual. We’re so thankful to you for supporting us in our work and allowing us to give back to others. Thank you.
Stay Healthy & Safe,
Chris & Liz Sands