SIG agents tackle challenging net lease negotiations with creative marketing tactics to justify replacement value and score big for the client
Working with the right net lease agency is vital when it comes to securing challenging net lease negotiations. An understanding and knowledgeable net lease agency can secure deals that other more general real estate agencies fumble. SIG is a commercial real estate brokerage firm that tackles challenging net lease purchases and sales.
Sands Investment Group Net Lease Negotiations Win
- 5.75% Closing Gap
- Private New Loan
Jan 31, 2018 – 5370 Douglas Boulevard, Granite Bay, CA
Working with a SIG broker is the best way to maximize your profits when selling and negotiating commercial net leases. Chris Naylon, along with Max Freedman and Elan Sieder, prove the power of specificity with the Little Sunshine Granite Bay transaction for client Stephen Brown.
- Listing had a high price per square footage
- Appraiser couldn’t find comparable values (comps)
- Hard to justify replacement value without the tenant
- Specific build out
- Bring awareness of the available property to buyers via creative marketing
- Emphasize location of lease
- Detail value aspects of the specific build-out features included in lease
- Develop comps and market information to support pricing with the bank
- Engage with multiple buyers to bring client multiple offers
- Found buyer at a 5.75% CAP within 60 days of marketing
- Generated multiple buyer offers sub 6% CAP
- 5.75% closing gap
- New Loan: Long Term Absolute NNN 15 Year Lease with Two, Ten Year Renewal Options
- 10% Rent Increases Every 5 Years
- $8,000,000 Win
Client had a commercial real estate property previously inhabited by a tenant who had the development custom built to suit his needs. It was hard to justify the replacement value without the tenant because of the precise build-out choices. The listing had a high price per square footage and the appraiser couldn’t find comparable values (comps) to promote the legitimacy of the listing’s cost. Client was seeking long-term NNN lease.
SIG emphasized the location of the lease in Northern California, just outside of Sacramento. The site is near multi-million dollar homes and several trade areas including the Quarry Ponds Shopping Plaza (adjacent), Roseville Auto Mall (3 miles), Roseville Galleria (5 miles). The location was perfect for a business with a customer base residing in Granite Bay, Rocklin, and Roseville. Granite Bay suburb is highly affluent with the average annual household income at $150,000.
Creative marketing strategies began by identifying the best commercial possibilities for the property and marketing to those businesses. Using SIG’s proprietary database made it possible to contact the right investors and brokers to generate interest in the property. SIG proprietary technology also made it possible to identify the best market for the property through in-depth market research and immediately list in those markets. Real-time information played a role in finding buyers and negotiating offers.
SIG brought multiple buyer offers sub 6% CAP to the client. SIG negotiated a brand new build-to-suit preschool facility for Little Sunshine Preschool on a long-term absolute NNN 15 year lease with two, 10-year renewal options for an $8,000,000 win. Corporate and personal guarantee from the owners and a 10% rent increase every 5 years was also attached to the contract.
Throughout the entire process, SIG re-evaluated the client’s property and developed new strategic recommendations. Property evaluations, portfolio analysis, and real-time market research through SIG’s proprietary technology all led to an innovative client-specific marketing plan.
- Over $3,100,000,000 in Closed Transactions
- Over $500,000,000 in Active Inventory
- Over 1,300 Transactions in 48 States
- Focused on Creative Marketing
- Net Lease Industry Leader
- SC25 Fastest Growing Companies
- Real Estate Forum Names SIG to Its List of Commercial Real Estate’s Fastest-Growing Companies, 2016 & 2015
- CoStar Power Broker Top Firm Awards, 2017 & 2016